Thursday, October 23, 2008

Terrific Technique Thursday

Well not so terrific today but lets bring back technique Thursday!
I have wanted to do this for quite some time but now just getting around to getting to it! With 18 hours of college a full time job I try to find the time to craft and have a little bit of a life plus blog about it:o)
Todays project is a non-traditional Christmas card
Recipie~
-1 8 1/2X 11 pixie pink(I think I am not for sure;) ) cardstock
-1 Orchid opulance cardstock
- 1 glorious green cardstock
- Prima flowers
-wishing you cheer stamp set
-black stampin up stamp pad
-stampin up markers
The technique is using markers to ink your stamps
now probably lots of you know about this but for those that dont it is a really neat technique that gives your stamped images a different look. I used it on the sentiment on the inside! Today's project is also to tell you that you do not have to have a traditional Christmas card for it to be festive!
gather your materials I used the stampin up materials but whatever you want to use










stamp set Markers I used Images stamped in black
Then I took the markers and individually inked the words a different color.
This is how you do this
1- ink however you wish on your image
2- breath on the stamp
3- stamp down and see your masterpiece
(now the warm moist of your breath will bring the ink back to life and you can stamp )
This is my finished product


and the inside:



I am very happy with this card it is PINK my favorite color! and using Stampin up! my favorite stampin company:o)
Hope you enjoy
Happy crafting!!!


No comments: